Hawkeye provides ranging and situational awareness information on surrounding objects including space vehicles, satellites and debris. Its compact form factor is specifically designed for use on small satellites. Weighing less than 3 kg and consuming as little as 2.2W, this sensor has an operational range in excess of 30 km.
Hawkeye supports a simple command and control interface through an RS422 serial port. Laser operation can be put in standby mode between range measurements to reduce power usage and ease thermal management.
- Mass: 3 kg
- Power interface: 28V MIL-STD-461 compliant
- Standby power 2.2W @28V
- Maximum power 10W at maximum fire rate
- Dimensions: 4.9” x 5.6” x 8.2”
- Reach exceeds 30km depending on target size and reflectivity
- RS422 data interface
- Full control over range finder operation
- On-board calibration electronics
- In-field software upgrade