Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Orbital ATK, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications.
- Performs requirements analyses and prepares software specifications
- Develops software architectural designs
- Prepares software design and test documentation
- Designs, codes and tests software
- Participates in software and systems integration testing activities
- Participates in technical meetings with peers and possibility customers
- Collaborates with other engineering/project team disciplines
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or another related discipline
- Undergraduate level, 2nd or 3rd Year complete
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (C++)
- Experience in developing software under Linux and ROS
- Experience in developing, integrating and debugging applications for ROS.
- Familiarity with Matlab
- Experience with software version control
- Previous knowledge of Cmake, Qt, math tools (particularly Matlab), Python, VHDL
- Experience in one or more of; machine vision, laser scanners, stereo cameras, 2D or 3D filtering algorithms.
- Self-motivated with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, rapidly changing environment.
- Must be willing to work in a hands-on environment.
- Positions are 8-12 Months in length
- Must be able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II)
Our co-op students are integral members of our team and work side by side experienced staff learning about the industry, our technology and helping to solve tough, critical problems. We take pride in the learning opportunities we provide and we are thrilled to see many students return to Neptec after graduation to start their careers.
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If so, please apply by:
Submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting file #2344 with your application.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations needs to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.