Software Developer – Java – Intermediate
Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Orbital ATK, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications.
- Performs requirements analysis and prepares software specifications
- Develops software architectural designs
- Prepares software design and test documentation
- Designs, codes and tests software
- Interface with customers during requirements definition and design review activities
- Participates in software and systems integration testing activities
- Participates in technical meetings with peers and possibly customers
- Collaborates with other engineering/project team disciplines
- Serves as recognized technical authority for the software engineering discipline, providing advice on specific aspects of design projects
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- B.Sc. or equivalent in computer science, math, engineering, or physics, MSc. Is an asset
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Eclipse and Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF)
- Experience with C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with Python is an asset
- Experience with MATLAB is an asset
- Experience with Robotics Operating System (ROS) is an asset
- Experience in developing software under Linux and Windows
- Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle
- Familiar with military and/or commercial software development standards
- Self-motivated with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be willing to work in a hands-on environment
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II)
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If so, please apply by:
Submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting file #2349 with your application.
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations needs to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.