Manager, Business Development, North America
Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. We are currently looking for a Manager of Business Development to join our team in Kanata, Ontario.
As a key member of Neptec’s leadership team, the Manager of Business Development has influence and accountability for the revenue generation and marketing efforts of the company. The Manager of Business Development will be responsible for contributing to the success of the company’s business goals by driving revenue, maximizing profitability and ensuring outstanding, quality service for customers.
This role is an exciting new opportunity with high visibility to Neptec’s executive team and potential to drive meaningful results. The successful candidate will demonstrate relevant experience, enthusiasm, and a high level of self-motivation that embraces uncertainty and challenges as opportunities.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging trends in the industry, including all relevant areas of space-flight systems requirements that might be incorporated as new technologies into future systems.
- Creates plans and strategies for developing new business and achieving the company’s revenue growth goals for North America.
- Initiates, develops, and coordinates action plans to penetrate selected new markets.
- Directs and oversees the company marketing function to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Collaborates with the executive team to develop short and long term strategic plans.
- Prepares and communicates business development reports in a concise and timely manner.
- Manages customer expectations and contributes to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Monitors customer, market, and competitor activity and provides feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
- Maintains close relationships with customers in order to forecast new customers’ needs and sales opportunities.
- Builds long-term strategic relationships with new and existing customers.
- Monitors and responds to Requests for Proposals.
- Works in partnership with the program/project managers to prepare proposals and other customer requested documents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Post-secondary degree in business, MBA preferred.
- A technical undergraduate degree (e.g. engineering, mathematics, computer science).
- Demonstrated success in winning new business and growing revenues over a multi-year sustainable basis.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics, specifically in the Space market.
- Experience delivering the full life cycle of business development activities, including market analysis, accounts planning, account management, opportunity identification and qualification, overall pipeline management, and the development and execution of win strategies.
- Customer centric with strong collaboration skills and demonstrated experience building and managing relationships, both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing abilities.
- Ability to travel.
- Bilingual, both verbal and written.
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Already established network and relationships within Space Industry.
- Already established network of contacts in Canadian Government and/or US Government
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If so, please apply by:
Submitting a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com quoting file #2337 with your application.
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the entire recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please advise so that we can facilitate accordingly.