Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Orbital ATK, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for both terrestrial and space applications. We are currently looking for a FPGA Developer to join our team in Kanata, ON.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, implement, and maintain all aspects of a wide range of FPGA applications.
- Work with analysts and board designers to design new FPGA-based solutions.
- Design and implement verification test infrastructure.
- Assist with bring-up and debug of hardware projects.
- Work with Software Engineers to assist with system level integration.
- Evaluate new FPGA platforms and related hardware.
- Document all aspects of the design; support and defend design during formal design reviews.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, MSc an asset.
- 2-5 years related experience.
- Familiarity with formal configuration control methods.
- Aerospace/military, image processing, and/or Triple Module Redundancy (TMR) design experience an asset but not necessary.
- Excellent digital design background including extensive experience with FPGA/CPLD implementation/design using Verilog and System Verilog.
- Experience with digital design simulation tools.
- Experience performing board level testing using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes.
- Proven track record as a fast learner, able to quickly become productive adapting an existing design.
- Self-motivated with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If so, please apply by:
Submitting a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting file #2341 with your application.
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodation needs to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.