Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Orbital ATK, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications.
- Contribute to the research and development of advanced integrated circuit and module products
- Perform circuit simulation, lab testing of circuits, presentation of design expectations/results, and participation in design reviews.
- Assist in new product engineering and design activities.
- Assisting full time engineering group members with their project assignments.
- Completion of small projects and assignments of various degrees of complexity, ranging from electronic design to test environment programming, documentation and more.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Engineering Student, in Electrical or System Design Disciplines.
- Undergraduate level, 2nd or 3rd Year complete
- Knowledge of electronic circuits and principles.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel and Word) and have an aptitude for quickly learning other company specific software.
- Self-motivated with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to use lab test equipment. (i.e. oscilloscopes, multimeters)
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, rapidly changing environment.
- Must be willing to work in a hands-on environment.
- FPGA / Embedded SW design experience
- Schematic design Experience
- Familiarity with HP-ADS, Cadence, SPICE, or similar simulation tools.
- Positions are 8-12 Months in length
- Must be able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II)
Our co-op students are integral members of our team and work side by side experienced staff learning about the industry, our technology and helping to solve tough, critical problems. We take pride in the learning opportunities we provide and we are thrilled to see many students return to Neptec after graduation to start their careers.
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If so, please apply by:
Submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting file #2342 with your application.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations needs to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.